No matter if you’re a student in health administration or if you have been the head of a medical facility for years — at some point you may need support, peer information or networking outside your usual sphere of influence. This is when you might tap into interactive community forums, message boards or listservs that can help you gain traction on news, research and health management policies. This list of the top 40 forums and message boards for health administration is filled with members-only organization boards, management tools, community networks and jobs for health leaders.
This list is categorized, and every link is listed in alphabetical order within those categories.
Organization Members Only
- AAHAM Member List Serve: The American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management offers a variety of networking opportunities for members.
- AAHSA Listservs: American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging listservs can help you connect with your peers, stay informed, get answers to questions and share what you know with colleagues.
- ACHCA Peer2Peer Forums: The American College of Health Care Administrators offers this forum and other networking tools for members.
- ACHE Message Boards: The American College of Healthcare Executives provides this board, among other networking tools for its members.
- ACHI Member Benefits: The Association for Community Health Improvement delivers peer networking and practical tools in achieving community health goals.
- ACMHA Message Board: The College for Behavioral Health Leadership provides a members-only message board.
- AHA RPB Discussions: The American Hospital Association offers member discussions and other interactive opportunities for health care professionals.
- AHIMA Communities of Practice: CoP is an online for members to network, share, problem solve, and stay informed on the latest trends in all HIM related topics.
- APHA My Communities: The American Public Health Association offers members a way to network through a listserve, discussions and bulletin board.
- ASHRM Exchange: This is a new Web-based community for the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management members.
- AUPHA Network: These are Association of University Programs in Health Administration member-created and member-led groups regarding specific areas of healthcare management education.
- CHIME Member Discussion List: The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives provides several options for networking.
- Colorado Women’s Forum in Health Administration: Membership is open to females who work or are interested in the healthcare industry and have a desire to network with others.
- CSHEMA Forums: Campus Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Association members have opportunities for interaction with other campus safety professionals.
- HIMSS Users Group Alliance Program: Take advantage of a variety of Healthcare Information and Management Systems independent communities that can help you do your job better.
- MGMA Member Community: Members of the Medical Group Management Association and the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) enjoy access to communities for growth.
- NARHC List Serve: If you are a member of the National Association of Rural Health Clinics, this listserve can provide you with interactive support.
- The Manager’s Electronic Resource Center Message Boards: The ERC community enables members to exchange experiences with other health professionals.
- North Carolina’s PHRST Line Report: This state Public Health Regional Surveillance Team hosts a forum where the public health community can discuss public health issues.
- NRHA Connect: The National Rural Health Association provides its members with the ability to discuss rural health leadership issues in a variety of venues.
- PAHCOM Listserve Forum: Professional Association of Health Care Office Management members can help productivity of your health care office and reach your potential as a practice manager.
Management and Community Boards
- AHRA Forum: This networking tool enables real time dialogue among imaging professionals through the Association for Medical Imaging Management Web site or via email.
- Geriatric Health Management Forum: Join this site to participate in networking and discussion about geriatrics.
- Health Informatics Forum: Join this open discussion at a site that encompasses various activities for HIT professionals.
- HFMA Forums: You do not need to be a member to participate in any number of forums offered by the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- RN Casemanager Forums: Take a look at the resources provided here for RN management opportunities and interaction.
- Workforce Management Community Center Forums: Connect with other workforce management and human resource professionals in one of these topic-focused forums.
Student and Job Boards
- Indeed Health Administration: Look for jobs by location at this job board.
- Monster Health Administrator Jobs: Another job board that offers interaction in communities, networking and job searches.
- Public Health Jobs Job Board: Use this site to find jobs and to network with health professionals.
- Student Doctor Network Forums: SDN is internationally recognized as the most active academic health community in world.
- Vault Job Board: Search for health administration positions and get involved in industry blogs and discussions on this board.
General Health Information
- Clinical Connection: This is a message board for individuals to discuss health, illnesses, medicine, and clinical trials.
- Health Message Boards: Use this tool to connect with resources on a variety of medical conditions.
- Insight Live: This is a multi-media interactive site for those interested in FHI, a global health and development organization.
- WebMD Health Boards: This Web community provides opportunities to provide help to others and network with peers.
- MedHelp Community Forums: Active boards are divided into medical support communities and “Ask a Doctor” boards.
- Population and Health InfoShare: InfoShare’s mission is to advance knowledge in global public health through information sharing and exchange.
- ResearchGate: If you’re into research or need research, this site offers various groups to find information. Groups vary from public to members only, or you can create your own group.
- Wego Health: This site empowers health activists to share information and contribute on a global basis.